It’s always fun to see what our resident stylist, Alyssa of Cochic Styling, comes up with when she creates “the outfit” to match “the room” (I usually send her three photos to choose from). It’s a great little surprise in my inbox to see what she comes up with! This month she’s put together an easy, yet professional look with a versatile summer jean dress. I LIVE in my jean dresses, jumpers and skirts during the summer months so this look is totally up my alley. I’ve linked to a few of my favorites here:
Do you remember this Lake Forest Coach House Project? This guest bedroom was inspired by visions of summer camp and the personal photography from my client’s trip to Africa (hung over bed). I love how Alyssa has transformed it into a chic summer outfit using elements from the design! Navy blue and denim pulled from the roman shades and custom painted dresser, organic elements come through in the woven hat and suede shoes — and then that crazy colorful belt, just like the funky rug (CB2 sourced over a year ago).
Alyssa’s Tips for dressing professionally and staying cool this summer:
- Stick to short sleeves or a sleeveless option with thick straps, like this denim dress.
- Bring a lightweight linen or cotton cardigan with you to wear inside, to combat the blasting AC.
- Cotton is your BFF. It’s breathable and if you sweat, it won’t show as much as a silk or polyester fabric.
- Top off your look with a straw hat to shield your face from the sun.
- Closed toe sandals are a chic, polished summer shoe option.
See you next month for another outfit and another room!
XO – CLAIRE