Two articles for price the price of one today friends! For this second edition of Damn Good Design Articles, I’ve paired an article from one of my favorite sources with a post of my own on the same/similar topic. Double the design tips means double the design knowledge! Here’s my round-up of helpful articles, hope you’ll find something worthwhile.
DAMN GOOD DESIGN ARTICLES: EDITION 2
1. Great MUST KNOW rules when it comes to dressing windows and excellent inspiration pictures via MY DOMAINE.
- Claire’s Bonus Post: Learn some lingo about window treatments. DRAPERY, ROMAN, CORNICE what’s the difference?
- You can find the curtains pictured above HERE
2. More than 70 designer approved COLOR COMBINATIONS via Lonny Mag. Great way to get inspired for an outfit or room!
- Claire’s Bonus Post: Learn how to create your own color palette in this PHOTOSHOP LESSON.
3. The queen of boho chic, Amber Interiors, is most likely coming out with a book next year. For now, here’s her list of the top 5 DESIGN BOOKS from 2015.
- Claire’s Bonus Post: A few of my STANDBY FAVS in the design/ DIY book department.
TRASH TO TREASURE
4. One of my favorite bloggers and designers, ROSA BELTRAN, shows some stunning before and after’s taking Craig’s list items and making them extraordinary.
- Claire’s Bonus Post: My own version of Trash to Treasure. Check out a $6 flea market get a MAJOR MAKEOVER.
5. MY DOMAINE’s got a round up of awesome NURSERY DESIGNS and some helpful budgeting ideas.
- Claire’s Bonus Post: Take a peek at this AFFORDABLE NURSERY design done with items from Target and BuyBuy Baby only.
AND HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!
XO – CLAIRE