We are lucky to have the talented Dinah of Spinning J Chicago share a delicious recipe with us today. Her light and crisp Almond Biscotti Recipe. This biscotti can also play double duty as a substitute for a graham cracker crust, yay two-for-one baking! If you missed Dinah’s recent interview make sure to check it out HERE. Dinah and her husband own the most adorable restaurant, which they renovated to feel like a 1920s – 1930s soda fountain.
Almond Biscotti by Spinning J Bakery and Soda Fountain Chicago
1. Cream together butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs on at a time beating well after each addition.
2. Add vanilla and almond extracts.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
4. Add dry mix to butter mixture and mix on low until just combined.
5. Stir in chopped almonds.
6. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and divide into six equal pieces. Roll each piece into a log 1″ wide. Place the log onto a parchment lined baking sheet leaving 4″ of space between logs. Flatten the top of each log slightly so that each piece is about 3/4″ tall. Brush the tops with milk or egg wash.
7. Bake until golden and fairly firm to the touch. Allow to cool until just cool enough to handle, but not entirely cool or the dough will crumble when you try to slice it.
8. To slice, use a sharp bread knife to slice at a 45 degree angle into pieces about 1/4″ thick. Lay cookies flat on baking sheet and return to oven until uniformly golden brown and entirely dried out. There should be no spring or give when you push on the center with your finger.
Cool before storing in an airtight container.
DOUBLE DUTY RECIPE: The biscotti can be crushed up into fine crumbs and used in any graham cracker crumb crust recipe, replacing 50% of the crumbs with biscotti crumbs.
Here are a few more pretty pictures of all the good stuff at Spinning J. Thanks to Carolina Mariana for the photography! Let me know if you make this delicious recipe. I’ll be doing it ASAP. Thanks for sharing your Almond Biscotti recipe with us Dinah!
XO – CLAIRE
Claire’s creative energy comes from her unique perspective on the world as both a trained interior designer and a passionate yoga teacher. Her affinity for kitchen design, timeless style and eclectic decorating are shared here, along with lots of interior design education and tips. Thanks for being here, please enjoy!