We have two exciting interior design job openings in Chicago for the right candidates. Please read the detailed descriptions below. Email email@example.com with a resume, portfolio and a link to a Pinterest board that you’ve curated to show us how your style will fit into the Centered by Design aesthetic.
JOB OPENING #1 – Design Director: Full time senior salaried role at Centered by Design
- We’re offering:
– Fun, collaborative team environment
– Beautiful centrally located office with a full design library
– Competitive pay
– Health insurance contribution
– Benefits, bonuses
– This role has a big impact on our small and creative team
- Project Development & Management
- Interior Design Team Leadership
- Company Project Schedule Planning & Management
- Weekly Team Schedule Management
- Team Training and Development
- Business Development & Growth
- Creative Direction for the Brand
- Collaborate with the design team to create design concepts including: drawings, design schemes, selections of product, materials and finishes; preparing client presentations
- Direct & support the design team throughout every stage of the projects to maintain project timeline, scope, budget, design deliverables, schedules, orders and profitability.
- Reviewing all client deliverables. Ownership of proposals, budgets, drawings, etc.
- Maintain client relationships and weekly communication
- Work with the design team on a daily basis by answering questions & creating learning opportunities when necessary.
- Work with the Principal and Project Manager to scope potential projects and evaluate plans for project workload / new business and firm’s capacity.
- Mentor and supervise the interior design team while challenging and introducing new and innovative methods of creative execution. Provide inspiration and guidance.
- Contribute strategically to brand development.
- Assist by participating in design networking events, etc. when necessary.
- Assist Principal in hiring new interior design staff (conduct interviews, review resumes, and participate in the final selection of new employees).
- Participate/ lead educational events for the team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interior Design from an accredited school or equivalent
- 6+ years of interior design experience – residential interior design as the main focus
- Experience in team management, mentorship and training in the design field is essential for this position
- Experience in creating project schedules and their integration with product installations
- High level client management experience, including ability to supervise the project from start to finish, create and run client presentations with confidence, and problem-solving approach towards the clients & team.
- Experience in project management, as well as utilizing platforms like Quickbooks, Ivy or Studio Design.
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop & InDesign), Excel, Sketchup (a plus!)
- Extensive knowledge and relationships with trade resources, contractors, other professionals on the design market
- Knowledge of design principles, working knowledge of construction methods
- Team player approach with excellent communications skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated and highly passionate individual with professional and personal goals
- Must be located in the Chicago, IL area
- Client Ordering
- Product Tracking
- Scheduling Install days / deliveries / photoshoots
- Billing Support to the Bookkeeper
- General Office Management
- General support to Principal / Owner
This is an exciting role for a leader in the interior design industry to join an A-List Chicago design firm that curates timeless, bespoke interiors with a team culture that values collaboration and the client experience. We are seeking a well-trained design professional with team leadership experience, who has worked in the high-end residential sector for more than +6 years consistently. This position will make a great impact on the firm and involve a close collaboration with Principal in these key areas:
Areas of Responsibility:
JOB OPENING #2 – Office Manager: Part-time salary / hourly position
This is a part-time role for someone with excellent organizational skills, a working knowledge of interior design/firms and experience managing finances / bookkeeping. This position will make a great impact on the firm and oversee or assist Principal, Designers and Project Manager in these key areas:
Our design studio is located at 2847 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago IL 60657
MORE ABOUT OUR CURRENT TEAM HERE: https://centeredbydesign.com/design-team/