Speaking Engagement at WeWork
I’m honored to have the opportunity to share more about my career journey with Quarterlette and WeWork next Wednesday evening. YOU are invited (there is also free food and goodie bags!). I would love, love, love to see some friendly, smiling faces in the audience, and I have lots to share with you, as do the other three career driven ladies speaking.
You might remember this blog post, Navigating a Career Change with Compassion, which I wrote about starting my new career path at age 30. This is a great place to start if you can’t make it to the event, but are interested in taking some baby steps towards a new career path.
Here are two of my favorite career related quotes (for me personally), but I think they can apply to everyone. I’ll be using these in my talk on Wednesday.
- “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo Picasso
- “An interior is the natural projection of the soul.” – Coco Chanel
Below is some more information about the event. If you’d like to attend please RSVP to the Eventbrite invite.
Join the Co-Founders of Quarterlette.com on May 27th at WeWork River North for a special girls’ night networking event and speaker series. We’ll be highlighting four dynamic women with completely different career paths — an interior designer who launched her own design firm, a social impact entrepreneur, a fashion entrepreneur, and PhD student studying Industrial Engineering. All 4 women will be sharing their unique career stories and talking candidly about the ups and the downs they have encountered (or are still encountering!) as they build meaningful careers. Whether you’re looking to change jobs, hear some great professional advice, or simply be inspired to go down a new path, join us for what’s sure to be a great evening. In addition to hearing from our speakers, we’ll have some treats for you to enjoy, gift bags to take home, and time for networking with all of our amazing guests. #QLmixandmingle (yes, men are welcome to attend as well).
Claire Staszak, Interior Designer + Yoga Teacher, Centered By Design
- Taking the time to re-center ourselves and find a personal sanctuary is more important than ever in today’s fragmented and fast-paced world. I believe that sanctuary is much closer to home (literally!) than you think. My approach to working with clients blends my intuitive nature as a yoga instructor with my passion for interior design. I see on a daily basis how the connection between the body, mind, and our physical environment can have powerful influences on personal well-being. Whether your ideal space is an avant-garde apartment, modern family home, or innovative office, I would love to help you create your perfect sanctuary.
Jackie Ng, PhD Candidate in the Industrial Engineering and Management Sciences department at Northwestern University.
- Her research interests lie in using analytical and statistical tools in the areas of new product development and business model innovation. Prior to starting her PhD studies, Jackie worked at Morgan Stanley and Microsoft. She has an undergraduate degree from Princeton University and a MBA from Columbia University. She also enjoys skiing, tennis and traveling in her spare time.
Nicole Yeary, President and Founder of Ms.Tech a social impact focused organization based in Chicago.
- Nicole has spent over fifteen years leading Fortune 500 companies in Direct Sales, Marketing Services, and Learning Development and the last seven years working for, with, advising, and building, startup companies. In just under a year, Ms. Tech was recognized in “Crain’s Guide to Networking” as one of “Six Great Tech Groups, practically guaranteed to commune with the scene’s best and brightest!”
Alex Batdorf, CMO of ZipFit Denim
- A Chicago based startup helping men find perfect fitting jeans fast using their proprietary technology. Prior to ZipFit, she worked in marketing for brands such as Valspar, Chicago-based fashion brand Lara Miller, Booth School of Business and Starcom Mediavest Group. She studied Sociology at the University of Chicago.
I would LOVE to see you there!
XO – CLAIRE