Save the Date: Art Fair Fundraiser
SAVE THE DATE!! – FRIDAY, MARCH 24th, 6pm – 9pm
Very excited to announce a fundraising shopping event to benefit Loom Chicago. Don’t miss the incredible vendors joining together for one evening to raise funds to support the refugee women of Loom. Many of the fabulous vendors are a part of my Women Who Make series. We wanted to put together an event to support refugees here in our community, and are thrilled to support this incredible group (scroll to bottom for more information about Loom Chicago and how to get involved).
Lillstreet Art Center is generously hosting the event in their recently refreshed event space, Lillstreet Loft. There is no entrance fee and kids are welcome! 25% of all sales for the evening will go to Loom Chicago.
Below are some product photos from our fabulous vendors! You can expect to find wallpaper, art, textiles, rugs, scarves, clothing, kids clothing and plush toys, paper goods, jewelry, home goods and more!
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!
Who is Loom?
- Loom is a community of refugee women living in Chicago who weave together their creativity and cultural traditions to make and sell beautiful handmade products. These women have fled their country of origin because of a credible fear of persecution on account of their race, religion, political opinion, national origin, or social group. More information on refugee resettlement services here.
What happens at Loom?
- Loom provides opportunity, at a weekly workshop, to collaborate, develop new skills, earn extra income and be part of a community of creative, enterprising women. Through the encouragement of the group and skills learned, many women secure part or full-time employment in and outside of the fashion industry.
What is produced at Loom?
- Loom artisans collaborate with local designers to produce a beautiful selection of handmade products such as jewelry, bags, and home décor. Artisans use a variety of techniques including indigo dye, crocheting, knitting, sewing, embroidery and weaving inspired by their cultural traditions.
How can you partner with Loom?
- Spread the word by hosting a Loom Sales Event. Gather your friends in the Chicagoland community to share the stories of our refugee artisans and sell Loom products.
- Help the artisans learn new skills by teaching a workshop in the areas of textile arts, financial literacy and business management.
- Partner with our artisans to help you with a textile project either for a custom design or for your business needs.
- For other volunteer opportunities, please send us a message with ‘Volunteer’ in the subject line. Thank you!